Parks & Plazas
Campus Martius, Detroit, MI
In 2002, Grunwell-Cashero was contracted by City of Detroit to move the Soldiers & Sailors monument, completed in 1872. We dismantled the massive granite monument, and moved it piece by piece to a new site nearby. This allowed space for Campus Martius, a new city park integral to the redesigned Woodward Avenue Streetscape. All of the stone for Campus Martius was imported and set in place by Grunwell-Cashero.